Need to File for Workers’ Compensation?

Work with a Qualified Attorney in Raleigh

If you have suffered an injury arising from an incident at your place of employment, were involved in a work accident, or have suffered what is called an “occupational disease” that resulted from your work, you may be able to file a workers’ compensation claim. As a Board Certified specialist in workers' compensation law, Attorney Robert E. Whitley Jr. has demonstrated a high level of knowledge, skill and ability in the field of workers' compensation law.

Attorney Robert E. Whitley Jr. is certified as a specialist in workers' compensation by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization. The legal certification program assists in the delivery of high-quality legal services to the public by identifying those lawyers who have demonstrated a superior level of knowledge, skill and proficiency in a specific field of law.

As a Board Certified workers' compensation specialist, Robert E. Whitley Jr. can provide our clients with sophisticated legal knowledge in the area of workers' comp. law, as well as aggressive legal representation in court when necessary. We genuinely care about our clients and offer 24/7 legal guidance to those in need. Contact us today at (800) 598-0456!

Recovering Compensation After an Injury

There are countless scenarios that can result in a workplace accident. Regardless of the injuries suffered and the cause, you may be entitled to recover financial support through workers' compensation.

Some of the injuries and diseases that may occur include:

  • Broken bones
  • Crush injuries
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome
  • Amputation
  • Cuts and bruises
  • Head injury from falling objects
  • Back injury

Workers’ compensation can pay for:

  • Medical bills resulting from the injury or disease
  • Wages lost to the injury
  • Permanent disability arising from a permanent injury

If you have suffered a work-related injury, leaving you unable to return to work, we can help you file for the benefits you need. If your claim has been denied, we have the experience necessary to appeal the decision with the North Carolina Industrial Commission. Call the Whitley Law Firm today to get started!

How is a workers' compensation claim filed?

You only have 30 days from the incident that caused the injury to tell your employer, in writing, about the injury! You must then file a Form 18 with the North Carolina Industrial Commission within 2 years of the incident.

Because of the complexity of workers’ compensation, the best way to provide the information you need is to speak with you personally. Contact us by calling 1-800-598-0456 so that we can explain your situation and injury! An attorney from our firm can give you personalized legal information and help you through the process. We offer free initial consultations and work on contingency, meaning that we charge no fees until we get you compensation.

Free Workers' Compensation DVD!

Because our attorneys know filing a workers’ compensation claim is complex and difficult, we have created a free, 30 minute “What you need to know about filing a workers’ compensation claim” DVD. This DVD explains the process in detail, so you understand how your claim will be handled. If you have questions concerning something you have seen in the DVD, our attorneys will be happy to speak with you.

To better serve the residents of North Carolina, we have offices conveniently located in Raleigh, Charlotte, Kinston, New Bern, Jacksonville and Winston-Salem. So, what are you waiting for? Give us a call today!